The Dunedain

March 6 3019 TA

Aragorn is overtaken by the Dunedain. Which brings me into Book Five of the Lord of the Rings.
"'I bring word to you from my father: The days are short. If thou art in haste, remember the Paths of the Dead.'"
And he does. And as Eomer, Theoden, and Merry ride away.
"'There go three that I love, and the smallest not the least,' [Aragorn] said. 'He knows not to what end he rides; yet if he knew, he still would go on.'"
And away they all go. Theoden and Co. to the muster at Dunharrow. Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and the Rangers, accompanied by the sons of Elrond, to the Paths of the Dead

post signature

 




(Lest there should be any confusion or matter of rights and whatnot, all quotes in this post are from The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, unless otherwise mentioned. There may be slight errors, misspellings, or alternate punctuation in the quotes, and if you notice such, please inform me so that I can speedily remedy them. But I think the fact that I made this blog proves that I would never intentionally change something of Tolkien's in the transcribing of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Even ones that have nothing to do with anything.