In which I make a promise


Hello readers, as a result of the Quote Debacle of 2016  I have just made a decision. I will no longer rely upon even the most reliable of sources. Because even if it is an actual quote, I've found that a lot of times liberties have been taken with rewording and whatnot. Now this could just be the result of different editions of the book, but no matter. 
From now on, if a quote is to be found in either The Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, or the Silmarillion, I promise I will look the blasted thing up in the book, and not only check to make sure it's real, but I will type it up myself, from the book, to ensure its accuracy. 
This does mean there may be a decrease in the frequency of quotes, since this will make it a slightly more time consuming task to post them. 
This could be considered overreacting, but I don't care. Plus if everyone did this, there would never be a problem. 
For the record, I do quote the movie sometimes, and that I won't be checking. Do you think I should put a note when I am quoting the movie so no one thinks it's from the book?
Also if something is spelled weird in future quotes, it's because I forgot to translate it into american, and it is still spelled the british way. And then again, there are actually just words that I still spell that way because at the time I was learning to read and spell, Chronicles of Narnia was prevalent in my life. Usually auto-correct fixes them before posts are published, but you never know. 
post signature

 





2 comments:

  1. I like this idea! Out of curiosity, do you live in England?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no. Though I would love to live in that lovely country full of history and damp and cold weather and fog (actually not being sarcastic), I am confined to the USA. For now.

      Delete

I love getting comments. Even ones that have nothing to do with anything.