The Burial of Theoden King

August 10 3019 TA

Funeral of King Theoden
"...[H]e was laid in a house of stone with his arms and many other fair things that he had possessed, and over him was raised a great mound, covered with green turves of grass and of white evermind."

"But Merry stood at the foot of the green mound, and he wept, and when the song was ended he arose and cried: 'Theoden King, Theoden King! Farewell! As a father you were to me, for a little while. Farewell!'"

post signature

 




(Lest there should be any confusion or matter of rights and whatnot, all quotes in this post are from The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, unless otherwise mentioned. There may be slight errors, misspellings, or alternate punctuation in the quotes, and if you notice such, please inform me so that I can speedily remedy them. But I think the fact that I made this blog proves that I would never intentionally change something of Tolkien's in the transcribing of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Even ones that have nothing to do with anything.