Some of my Favourite Tolkien Illustrations

JRR Tolkien

While Tolkien (in my not-so-humble-opinion) is the greatest author, he is not the greatest artist (in the drawing sense. Writing is an art). Though I am a devoted Tolkienite, I am not afraid to say that I don't particularly care for all of his drawings (though I couldn't do nearly so well myself). But there are many that I love, and here are a few of them.
All of these images were taken from the Tolkien Estate Website, and are the works of JRR Tolkien. Disclaimer blah blah they aren't mine (obviously) blah blah trying not to get sued blah blah blah I own no rights to these blah blah THEY BELONG TO THE MAGIC TOLKIEN PEOPLE IN THE SKY (estate....website...thing) blah blah due credit blah not stealing ladida okay I'm done.

 I particularly like this one. The stained glass feel.
I like this because people often forget that many hobbits lived in normal houses
Old Man Willow


Nargothrond: I love being able to see it the way Tolkien imagined it
It's so pretty

The cuteness is too much.



  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Even ones that have nothing to do with anything.