Mount Doom is awake!


In the year 2954 TA, in the Land of Mordor, Mount Doom woke up. For some time, Sauron had been gathering his power in Mordor, and had declared himself openly in 2951 TA. But it was not until 2954 TA that the mountain burst into flame again. The last inhabitants of Ithilien fled over the Anduin, 

Just two years later, Aragorn son of Arathorn met Gandalf Stormcrow, Greyhame, The Grey, Mithrandir...etc etc. This was the time when that pivotal friendship began, the friendship that changed the fate of many. 

Now then, let me see what September 27th is the anniversary of. 
Not much really happened. The second night with Tom Bombadil, and Gandalf crossed the Greyflood. Hmm, since there is no special mention of this day I shall have to make it special by myself. I now declare that September 27th is National Goldberry Day, at least on this site it is. So my good friends, bring lilies to dear Goldberry today. Not that there are very nice lilies in late September. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Even ones that have nothing to do with anything.